Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007 - A Success!

The husband and I made it through our first Thanksgiving as the host, and I must say that everything turned out really well! We had more than enough food and plenty of conversation. As always, I learned a few things this past Thanksgiving that I believe helped make our holiday a successful one.

I learned that five burners is better than four when cooking a Thanksgiving meal:


A fried turkey tastes really good AND doesn't take up valuable oven space:


A nicely decorated table makes the food taste better (but costs a small fortune at Bed Bath and Beyond):


Prep work is KEY to planning a Thanksgiving meal (beginning the night before and continuing early the next morning):


We were pretty happy with how our meal turned out. We planned accordingly, and didn't skip a beat on Turkey Day. With our first Thanksgiving meal under our belt, I think we are just about ready to handle Christmas.

Oh, I also learned that my dog is very shiny in pictures:

No comments: