Monday, November 19, 2007

For The Holidays You Can't Beat Home Sweet Home

Thanksgiving is almost here, and the husband and I are preparing to have family come to our home for the holiday. This will be our second Thanksgiving together as man and wife, and our first time hosting the holiday. I am really excited about preparing a traditional Thanksgiving meal. We have a full menu that will ensure plenty of leftovers. We have folks traveling in from out of town. We have a brand new stove and microwave that is (almost) ready to be used (we're still in the process of installing the new stove).

Our to-do list is long. Last night I worked on perfecting the guest bed, having bought a new bedspread, shams and bed skirt to accompany my new snow flake sheets. Actually, I HAD to buy a new bedspread, shams and bed skirt because last week Sydney decided to eat my old bedspread and bed skirt. Jason worked on installing our new microwave, hooking the stove up to the gas line and working on a bunch of stuff in our office. I bought new table linens and made name cards, and tonight we will venture out to the grocery store to purchase all the food needed for the big day. I'm taking Wednesday off so I can clean the house and make pies. And while my whole family can't join us on Thursday, I'm looking forward to spending time with the in-laws and my brother, and celebrating Thanksgiving in our home.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

So sorry to have missed your feast in person, but certainly loved the generous samples you sent home to us. I saw the picture of your table setting - gorgeous. Grandma would be pleased.

I continue to be impressed with Jimmy's meat cooking skills - deep frying a turkey can't be an easy task.