Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My First Pet


This is a close up shot of my first pet, Sonny. Sonny is a yellow tabby cat who is going on 17 plus years. He has been a wonderful pet, and I love him dearly even though he lives in Winston-Salem with my parents.

Sonny is sick. Last night, my mom found him on the couch on his back whithering in pain. She scooped him up, placed him in a laundry basket with towels and drove him to the emergency vet. The doctor said that Sonny had suffered the human equivalent of a stroke. They checked his other vitals, and they were all strong. Sonny is back at home today, and Mom is taking him to the vet later this afternoon. While I am praying for the best, I know that Sonny has lived a long and happy life. Mom is suppose to call me later today to let me know what his regular vet determines about Sonny's condition. Until then, I'm just hoping for the best. I love you Sonny!

3 comments:

Will said...

He's a trooper and a good kitty! I have many fond memories with him. Incidentally I uploaded a whole set of Sonny photos to my Flickr page

Also, if anyone has a Facebook login, you can few his Catbook profile that I made several weeks ago and leave a get well message on his wall.

American Elephant said...

Sonny is a good cat... he's tough, and I'm pulling for him.

Peggy said...

Sonny is hanging on. It's an amazing transformation from his condition last night.

It's a wonderment how the body - human and otherwise - will rebound in sickness or trauma.