Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sonny

Yesterday Sonny left our family. He was a wonderful pet. I miss him terribly. He was always a faithful friend, and constant companion and a very loving animal. I remember bringing home Sonny from the pet store with my mom and brother the summer before I started fifth grade. I was so happy! We finally had a pet! We named him Sonny because of the color of his fur, golden yellow, like the sun (although we probably should have spelled his name "Sunny").

Mom was with Sonny and the vet yesterday when they put him down. It was his time. It's hard for me to believe that he is gone. I've had Sonny the majority of my life. Sonny taught me how to love a pet, and I will always remember that. He was one of my best friends growing up. Although he got into his fair share of trouble - like the year he climbed up the Christmas tree and knocked it down, breaking many ornaments - he was always a good pet.

Sonny, I love you. I know you are in a better place now. I'll never forget you!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

You and Jason have both lost long time, loving pets just within weeks of each other.

To share this common sorrow and to share each others pet stories must feel comforting.

I had forgotten the overturned Christmas tree courtesy of Sonny. That memory made me laugh.

Bless you both.