Friday, October 31, 2008

Sick Daze

Head colds are not fun. Neither is the flu. I'm not sure which one I have but I am definitely sick. Wrapped up in a blanket and resting on the couch, I took a sick day today to recover and avoid infecting my co-workers. And being sick on Halloween is so not fun! We're weren't planning to go out, but I was planning to dress up and reprise my role as Princess Leia. Perhaps if I feel a little better this afternoon I can get myself geared up for the big night of handing out candy and trying to control our dogs from running out into the street to join the trick-or-treaters (or as my grandmother liked to say, "spooks"). We'll hand out candy regardless, and it will be a fun night. Let's just hope my cold/flu goes away soon so that I can get back to walking the dogs (did I mention they are about to go crazy because we haven't walked since Tuesday night), going to work, and being more than just a lump on the couch. Fortunately my sweet husband has been taking care of me and pumping full of chicken noodle soup and Alka-seltzer.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I hope the Princess Leia is feeling better very soon.