Tuesday, October 14, 2008

McCain-Palin, XOXO

As you know, Gossip Girl is one of the shows I watch and (yes) like...a lot. Sure, it's about a bunch of uber wealthy prep school kids who rule Manhattan, a lifestyle I know absolutely nothing about, but I watch GG still. Guilty pleasure? Absolutely. Mental escape? Definitely. Political messages? What?...

You can imagine my surprise and delight when I came across this ad from MoveOn.org featuring two of the characters from the show. Penn Badgley (who plays Dan Humphrey) and Blake Lively (who plays Serena van der Woodsen on GG, and also of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants fame) are featured in the ad. Now, it is an anti-McCain ad, but check out the hat that Penn finds in his parent's closet...



The hat is none other than a hat designed by American Elephant! How cool is that? Sure, I totally disagree with the message, but the fact that MoveOn.org and Gossip Girl have used an American Elephant design to show just how much they loathe John McCain, well, American Elephant must be doing something right.

XOXO, A Coffee To Go