Sunday, November 2, 2008

Eight Below



Today we bought some movies at Best Buy, including "Eight Below" which we watched tonight. This was a great movie, although if you haven't seen it yet, make sure you have a few tissues within reach. It has a happy ending, but there are definitely some tear-jerking moments as these eight huskies fight for survival in the Antarctic. If you are a dog owner, this movie will make you want to hug your dogs after the movie (which I did for several minutes with each of my dogs, both of whom gave me a "just let me go back to sleep" look. But I didn't care - I'm there momma and I can hug them whenever I want to).

But back to the movie. Paul Walker was the main actor in the movie but the huskies were the real stars. They are so cute, so amazing to watch in action. After the movie we watched the making-of-the-film on the special features and learned that each dog had two doubles so they could rotate out the dogs for wide shot scenes and scenes that involved a lot of running. How wonderful must it have been to work with dogs on a movie! The actors looked like they were having a blast, and the dogs seemed to have a lot of fun too. Definitely check out this movie or just give us a holler and we'll let you borrow our DVD.

No comments: