Monday, August 18, 2008

Plucked and Ready To Go

One of the things that I love about blogging is that I can go from writing about politics, religion and other important social issues to eyebrow waxing (that's right - I made that leap. Don't judge me).

We are now T minus five days until my ten-year high school reunion and Operation Reunion Ready is in full swing. Move over Tyra Banks, this chic is getting ready for the ultimate runway: walking into a room full of people that you knew ten years ago when you were ten pounds thinnner and ten gray hairs fewer. Fortunately, I dress a little better than I did in high school, but I blame that on the decade (darn you cut off jean shorts and scrunchies! Why were you ever in style?)

In my continuing effort to prepare for the reunion, I have a laundry list of items I need to take care of this week. The first to be crossed off my list is the eyebrow waxing, as seen below.


(Ow! A little painful, and the skin is pretty red, but man...check out those arches, courtsey of Jolie the Day Spa. Fabulous.)

Melanie, why in the world would you post a picture of your face, without makeup, showing off your recent waxing? Don't you realize that the very people you are planning to see on Saturday will read this and know all about said eye brow waxing?

Ah, yes, my dear Watson, but your arguement rests on the presumption that, in fact, people actually read this blog.


Now that my eyebrows has been properly waxed and plucked, the next thing to do is pick out the outfit. I've already crossed this off my list, as I am wearing a dress my mother-in-law gave me (free!) and a pair of Calvin Klein black high heels (I reserve the right to make a wardrobe change at the last minute).

With the outfit carefully selected, it is time to ready the body by eating only this for an entire week:

Being a woman is fun!

And of course no big night out on the town would be complete without a fresh pedicure (I'll spare you the before picture of this, as I do not want to lose my only readership of three). I'm planning to do the pedicure at the Bostic Day Spa, where I can save money and watch the Olympics whilst scrubbing my feet with a pumice stone.

So, there you have it. The plans for the week. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and catching up with old friends. I have fresh batteries for my camera, and I'll be taking lots of mental notes so I can come back to my blog and tell you endless stories about people you don't know.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Seriously. said...

There is nothing more fun (insert sarcasm) than getting your eyebrows RIPPED from your face. The agony we ladies deal with to impress those we rarely see!

Additionally, I would like to think that you would have looked lovely at MY 10 year reunion. Alas, your husband STOOD ME UP and I'm still thinking about forgiveness.

Have fun at your reunion! :)

Tina said...

Mel B...you are SIC...and you know that means everything positive and cool.