Friday, September 26, 2008

I Heart TV

As you may know, one of my most favorite shows is Grey's Anatomy, and last night was the season five premiere. It was two-hours of indulgence as I watched my favorite characters play out their story lines in the confines of Seattle Grace Hospital. Meredith and Derek are finally headed in the right direction. Christina had eyes for the bad-ass army trauma surgeon who literally pulled a large icicle from her side abdomen (and then they kissed!). Izzie dreamed about Denny (again) and Alex was...well...Alex. I love this show. It is totally my guilty pleasure for the week (that and Gossip Girl).

I love television. Some people really love movies, but I really love television. If it's a good TV year, there may be a show on almost every night of the week that I look forward to watching. This year, there is Gossip Girl on Mondays, House on Tuesdays, and Grey's Anatomy and The Office on Thursdays (although I am totally torn on Thursdays because Grey's and The Office come on at the same time. Thank goodness for the Internet where I can watch the missed episode for free).

So, I'm pretty happy this year. Maybe that makes me lame, but I really do look forward to a watching my favorite shows on TV at night. Probably the best - and worst - thing that ever happened to me is when TV shows started appearing on DVD. Ohmygoodness - you mean I could start watching my favorite shows back-to-back whenever I wanted? Heaven! I'll never forget how excited I was to get Felicity on DVD a few years ago (love that show). And of course I have all of Grey's, The Girls Next Door, the entire series of Friends, and the entire series of Sex and the City. I'll probably buy The Office at some point, and I did download the entire season of Gossip Girl on iTunes.

So there you have it - the television viewing habits of A Coffee To Go. What are yours?

3 comments:

Chris said...

I love Boston Legal and Brothers & Sisters. Am also going to try returning to ER since this is its last season. Know Clooney won't show up again but look forward to seeing some of the people from the old days returning to the e.r.
Oh can't forget Dancing With the Stars...love to watch all those moves.

Tina said...

well, you know I love DWTS (That's Dancing with the Stars), Desperate Housewives (season premiere this Sunday), Ellen, Two and a Half Men is the funniest show ever. I'm like you Mel-B, I prefer Television over movies. I especially prefer the DVR over not having one.

Peggy said...

Mad Men is my new favorite show! I remember so much the era.