Sunday, July 6, 2008

32 Days


In 32 days, the 2008 Summer Olympics will open in Beijing, China. On August 8th, the world will gather for the Opening Ceremonies, and I for one, cannot wait! So, for those like me who cannot wait, I hope that you are enjoying the final night of the Olympic trials on NBC. Tonight is track and field and swimming. While my husband is probably going to scream if he hears the name Micheal Phelps again, I'm soaking in every minute (get it? soaking...swimming...the pool...water...ok, whatever). Bring on Bob Costas and that wonderful Olympic theme song (John Tesh, you get such a bad wrap). It's time for the Olympics! And those Visa commercials with Morgan Freeman? Come one...how could you not love a commerical narrated by Morgan Freeman and promoting the Olympics? Seriously!

While it's just the trials now, I find it exciting and interesting nonetheless. I love seeing athletes compete in their best events. They have sacrificed everything for the chance to make team America and try for gold at the Olympics. It's inspiring and exciting, and it's something I look forwarded to every four years. And in 32 days, I'll have 2 1/2 weeks of competition and excitement.

Go America!

No comments: