Wednesday, January 23, 2008

One Degree of Separation

It's the time of the season...for singing!

Hey Idol fans! Season 7 is in full swing!

But I'm not here to talk about Randy, Paula and Simon. I'm not here to talk about the singing talent, or lack thereof.

I'm here to talk about the one degree of separation that exists between a washer, a dryer and a couple that auditioned for Idol in Charleston, SC.

If you watched tonight's audition show, you may remember a special couple that auditioned together. Unfortunately, they didn't make it to Hollywood but they do have my washer and dryer! The young lady who auditioned works at my office, and one day mentioned to me that she needed a washer and dryer. I happened to have a used set sitting in my brother-in-law's garage. I sold the washer and dryer to her on January 1st, and the rest is history! My washer and dryer currently resides at the residence of an American Idol couple! It might be weird to say, but I feel a little proud. From modest beginnings in a home in Winston, the old washer and dryer has found a new home with the American Idol couple. My single connection to Hollywood. I may never look at a washer and dryer the same way again.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Oh wow, I did notice the young lady from Raleigh! I bet at least one item of clothing she was wearing tonight was washed in that washer and dried in that dryer. A connection indeed!