Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Frazzle

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

And the busiest time of year. And the coldest (depending on where you live - tonight the temperatures are suppose to get down into the 20's). My husband told me that today was the busiest shipping day of the year for the post office, and Wednesday is suppose to be the busiest delivery day of the year. I'm glad I'm not out driving a brown or white truck in 30 degree weather.

Side note - I just heard on TV that Jessica Simpson may be to blame for Tony Romo's poor performance in yesterday's Eagles v. Cowboys game. Damn you Jessica Simpson and your over sized sunglasses in an indoor stadium and your bleach blond hair! How dare you distract Tony from his game!

We just finished writing, addressing and labeling all of our Christmas cards. We have only done a little Christmas shopping, and we still have no idea where we are going to spend Christmas day. We know that Christmas comes the same time each year, yet every year it's a rush to get everything done! But, that is part of the charm of the season (in my opinion). I do love the holiday hustle and bustle.

Speaking of bustle, my husband picked up my wedding dress the other day from being preserved. It's in a box, with one side of the box having a clear plastic window so that one can gaze upon the dress. Except the dress is stuffed and formed in such a way that the bodice of the dress looks like it is being worn by someone. So, it's kind of creepy looking. Kind of like looking at a body. My husband and I only looked at the dress briefly, because it kind of weirded us out.

Needless to say, we are on the go everyday and Christmas is only getting closer with every passing minute! I'm hoping that come January, North Carolina will see some snow and we'll have a couple snow days to relax in the comfort of our home.

No comments: