Saturday, June 7, 2008

One Hour Away

We're on vacation.

A much needed break from the daily routine of work, taking care of the house, the dogs, and chores.

We're a million miles away, except that we are only one hour away.

We're at the O.Henry Hotel in Greensboro, NC for a long weekend. And I'm loving every minute. A much needed break, during a much needed time, should help restore the sanity of my husband and I.

In fact, we're off to dinner in just a few minutes. I'm dressed up (well, a little)! I went shopping today! I went to the pool this morning! Last night, we had the best pizza and went for ice cream. And we thoroughly enjoyed our cable TV and 65 degree air conditioning in the room. Hello, relaxation. I have forgotten what you looked like, but I do love you so very much.

Tomorrow's agenda: breakfast, pool, nap, lunch, movie, dinner, TV, sleep.

If only EVERY day had such an agenda...

No comments: